Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Coffee anyone?

A few weeks ago The Spousal Unit and I ordered a new espresso machine and burr grinder. The grinder was back ordered but we got the espresso/crack machine. We've been constantly edgy for just over a fortnight. The machine came with a sample of Lavazza coffee which was ok but not great. We both love Starbucks so I picked up some Starbucks French Roast at Target and ground it there. We tried it for a couple days and really didn't like it much so I picked up some Starbucks Cafe Vienna Bold which is absolutely friggin' excellent.

This left Sylvia asking me what we're going to do with the rest of the French Roast. It's ground too finely to use in our french press and it's nowhere near as yummy as the Cafe Vienna so I'm tempted to just throw it out. But then I think of all the sleepy children in Africa and I just can't do it. Damn my social conscience.

If anyone wants 10 oz of finely ground French Roast just let me know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But then I think of all the sleepy children in Africa and I just can't do it."

Man, that was laugh out loud funny! I think "LOL" has to be one of the most over-used things on the Internet, but that line definitely made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add: Did you see the Sabres are playing the Penguins, outside, in Buffalo on New Year's Day?

That would be pretty damn cool to see in person!

Phollower said...

o'butter: Thanks. I do what I can. Which generally isn't much but once in a while...

And I did see the announcement about the outdoor game. Some of my brother-in-law's friends already got tickets. That would be awesome to see. I doubt we'll be in Buffalo for New Year's since we generally avoid going home for the holidays if we can. Too much stress.

By the way, I was disappointed to see you weren't on Sylvia and my hockey team. If I had anything do with it you would've been.

Anonymous said...

Actually, your posts make me laugh all the time. Laughing with you, not at you, that is.

Limpy's recent response about rubbing the expiration date off the grocer's daughter was also really damn funny, btw.

About the hockey rosters: Thanks for thinking of that, but things are cool so far. There are 3 skaters on my line who prefer to play defense; since we only need two on defense, and since I hate playing defense, so far so good. I even scored last game, my first 'one-timer.' Last time I tried that I fell on my ass after totally missing the puck.

limpy99 said...

Those kids are sleepy because of of malaria, so throw out the coffee and send mosquito nets.

Phollower said...

limpy: Malaria huh? Mosquitoes are still doing that? Well I'll be damned. I would've thought they had moved onto something new by now. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Party Girl said...

This PG is desperatly trying to keep her eyes open as she types this comment and still has about (at least) 8 more hours in her day before she can say, 'beddy-bye" plus she seems to be talking in the third person. This alone I think is reason to send it my way.

...if that isn't reason enough, then coffee grounds and egg shells work great as a compost.

You decide: healthy soil or a healthy PG. No guilt intended. Or at least not much.

...and the fact that I can't seem to get past word verification. But again, no guilt.