Tuesday, July 17, 2007

WTF?

So today I'm washing our shower rug. You know, the thing you put in front of the tub to step on when you get out of the shower so you don't get water everywhere. It gets done washing in the washing machine and I look at the tag to see if it can go in the dryer. Turns out, yes, tumble dry low. It also says:

DO NOT DRY CLEAN

Who is this warning for? Who the fuck dry cleans their bath mat and who would buy a bath mat that is dry clean only?

Jesus Christ.

I don't mean he would, I mean "Jesus Christ" as in "Jesus Fucking Christ is anybody really that attached to their bath mat?"

3 comments:

dykewife said...

i know some people who would dry clean their dinner ware if they could. our's tells us not to put it in the dryer because it breaks down the rubber. screw that i say. it's lasted 2 years so far :)

Phollower said...

dykewife: I hear that. The one we have doesn't have a rubber backing so I figured it was probably ok for the dryer. Our old one did have a rubber back so I only stuck it in the dryer on "fluff" after it hung dry so I could knock the fur off. Fucking animals.

Party Girl said...

The same people who believe they will go to jail for removing the tag off the mattress.

Also, don't you find it odd that we check to see if the bath mat is dryer proof and it's whole purpose is to get wet and so we don't slip and fall after we get wet?