Monday, June 18, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

The Spousal Unit and I are heading back to Buffalo for a couple weeks on Wednesday. There will be a tenure party for Sylvia, much eating of wings, drinking of beer, and then I'll be hitting the AT for a week with my father-in-law, brother-in-law and a couple friends. One of my buddies is thru-hiking the trail this summer and we're meeting up with him for a week near the NY/PA border. It's my dream to thru-hike the AT some year as well so I'm pretty excited to get to see the famous White Blazes for the first time.

I'll try to do a couple posts from Buffalo. Try to contain your enthusiasm.

8 comments:

limpy99 said...

You've never been on the AT???

You won't see much in NY/PA, unless you start well into PA. It's kind of flat and dull from what I hear and know from NY. If you get into CT by Saturday, look for me on the Riga plateau.

Phollower said...

Limpy: Nope, I'm an AT virgin. I'll be busting my cherry next Saturday though.

My brother-in-law just got a text message from our thru-hiking friend who is estimating his position to be southern PA by the end of June when we meet up with him. I have a bad feeling that we won't quite reach CT in a week but if I spot anyone with an "I love Alex Trebek" button I'll be sure to say "Hi."

Maggie said...

He'll be the geek reading the New Yorker.

(Sorry, Limpy. I'm a dog with a bone.)

Phollower said...

Maggie: You said, "bone". Duh huh huh.

Party Girl said...

Have fun and enjoy!!

limpy99 said...

I've got a better bone over here...





Seriously, we had steak last night.

1914 said...

You said the person you were meeting updates his progress from time to time. Can you give us that address so we can see how things are going

Phollower said...

1914: www.iamthechan.com