Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kid's Meal

So The Spousal Unit and I are in Buffalo visiting our families and goofing around for a couple weeks. Last night my sister-in-law MrsOz made one of our favorite dishes, Venison Schnitzel. It's basically venison filets which are breaded and lightly fried served with rice and a sour cream/ dill sauce. MrsOz generally serves it with corn as well. As dinner time was approaching Kid #2 tells her mom that she wants venison but no schnitzel. It turns out that this means all she wants is the breaded venison, the rice, the sour cream sauce and the corn.

If you're scoring at home that's everything.

I'm not sure what part of the meal she thought we were leaving out by not including the schnitzel but if telling her she's getting something different from the rest of us is what it takes to get her to shut up, stop crying and eat dinner I'm all for it.

2 comments:

limpy99 said...

Just tell her she's eating stewed monkey brains. Worked in "Calvin & Hobbes.

Phollower said...

Now I'm not hungry.

I think that was Calvin's dad's reaction too.

Actually, ever since they served Chilled Monkey Brains in one of the Indiana Jones movies I've wondered if they're any good.