Tuesday, April 24, 2007

S-E-C-O-N-D-R-O-U-N-D

A long time ago, back when they sucked really bad and had for quite some time, the Buffalo Sabres finally made it out of the first round of the playoffs. I guess it was around the late 80's somewhere. The Sabres' play-by-play announcer Rick Jeanneret (who is easily the best announcer in the universe) asked in his standard high pitched burst of excitement, "How do you spell 2nd Round?" so I thought I'd help him out with the title of this post.

The Sabres start their 2nd round series against the NY Rangers tomorrow night and I'm pretty excited. I fucking hate the Rangers and I can't wait to send them packing. The Sabres will have knocked both NY teams out of the playoffs and there's a good chance they'll have to get past New Jersey before (dare I say it?) making it to the Finals. There's gonna be tears all along that section of the East Coast and I'm gonna be handing out hankies. With little Sabres heads embroidered on them.

GO SABRES!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to see the following quote from Sean Avery? About the Sabres, he said, "I'm going to hurt them, I'm going to hit them, I'm going to be in their face as much as I can."

It's on tsn.ca/nhl today (April 24). Avery's a peckerhead. Let's hope the Sabres shut him up fast.

Phollower said...

"Avery's a peckerhead." That's awesome. And true.

limpy99 said...

I wonder if Avery planned on being down 1-0 as well?

Phollower said...

He got knocked around pretty good last night. I giggled like a schoolgirl. Minus the little plaid skirt. Meaning I didn't have pants on. Although I did have the knee high socks.

limpy99 said...

Can I borrow a spoon so I can gouge my eyes out and try to get rid of that image?