Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ramen

I've eaten a lot of Ramen Noodles in my day. Back when I was in college (more acurately, when I was of college age and my friends and housmates were in college and I was working at a supermarket making a whisker over minimum wage and smoking a whoooole lot of weed) I ate Ramen pretty much everyday. Several times. Or so. I mean, they were literally like a nickel a pack. I still eat them today, which is a long time past college age, though the price has skyrocketed to nearly a dime a pack if you watch for sales on the big multi-pack. Whenever I'm in a hurry and don't have leftovers from the night before to bring for lunch it's a quick trip to the pantry on my way out the door for a pack of good ol' Maruchan. In fact I've eaten them the last two days. Why do I mention all of this? Because I'm still not sick of them. Except the shrimp flavor. That shit's nasty. That's all I wanted to say.

8 comments:

Zoe said...

I couldn't agree more. Especially about the shrimp flavored noodles, yuck! Actually, I only eat the chicken flavored ones. Ramen noodles, why do you taste so fucking good.

lkmanitou said...

Yuck. Shrimp ramen? *shudder* Now, chicken ramen, that's good stuff. I think it's all the salt that makes them so irresistible.

Party Girl said...

Being someone who was of college age and smoking a whoooooole lot of weed in here day as well (stop pretending this is news.) Yet I was able to somehow hold down a Corporate America job, Ramen with some chicken or veggies thrown in and eaten from a big bowl, man that was the for-shizzy! A month's worth of food for five bucks! Cha-ching! More money for the bars.

...why did I ever stop eating them?

...Oh, yeah. I looked at the sodium content one day and decided that was why I hadn't pee'd in days.

limpy99 said...

I never liked Ramen noodles. Too salty. Also I never smoked that much weed, which might have something to do with it. The alcohol makes you pass out before you can tear open a package.

Sweet, sweet alcohol.

Phollower said...

Whenever I eat the Oriental flavor Ramen I always say, "Made with bits of real Orientals!"

Party Girl said...

(shakes head)

So wrong.

Funny.

But that's not the point.

Mad Monk said...

Ramen can't be better than Mr. Noodles.

Phollower said...

Mr. Noodles? There's a Ramen rip-off? Who'd have thought there was room in the economy for more than one 10 cent meal?