Friday, February 29, 2008

How Many Gold Is It?

The Spousal Unit and four of our friends (Zoe, BP, Knotts, & Knitts) get together most Friday nights to play D&D, Vampire, or the occasional boardgame. Tonight happens to be D&D night and I happen to be Dungeon Master. Settle down ladies, I know you want me. So I sit down to spend a couple hours preparing the newest adventure for the players but before I do I check my e-mail. Often when I do that I look in my Spam folder because the wiener enhancement ads crack me up. Today was not only no exception, it was also incredibly well timed:

Turn your dagger into a broadsword!

Broadsword. A sword for the broads. I get it.

5 comments:

Zoe said...

Forget about how many gold is it, I want to know how much damage that thing can do.

Phollower said...

zoe: According to the e-mail I believe it would do 1d8+1. That's up to 9, if you know what I'm saying. I think it's a piercing weapon although it may also be used as a bludgeoning weapon in certain circumstances.

Party Girl said...

Congrats. The braods will go crazy, I know this for a fact.

Game night, I jjust started this with the group of 20-somethings I go to school with. Amazing great fun during a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long winter.


...there would have been more "longs" but it started to look mispelled and lost all meaning.

limpy99 said...

Mine's a -2 for stamina.

Phollower said...

PG: The more you say, "long" the more I think I should actually open that e-mail.

limpy: What's your e-mail address? I have a couple hundred things to forward that'll take care of that too.