Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I did it!

Today I turned in my letter of resignation at "work". My last day at Local Computer Store will be May 23rd.

I was really nervous when talking to my bosses. I felt kinda bad actually. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to leaving work and getting started with my life as a kept man but I've been there for nearly 6 years and they've always been good to me.

But I did it, it's done, and in 2 weeks I'll begin life as a full-time homemaker.

And Sylvia is as excited about it as me.

I will be removing stuff from my "work" computer as I can before I leave so I apologize if I'm even more neglectful of my blog than usual. But after the 23rd I should have a bit more free time. And so should Sylvia. And life will be good.

9 comments:

Zoe said...

That is so great. I'm really happy for you guys.

Phollower said...

I'm really happy for us guys too.

Anonymous said...

That is so great. Congratulations!

limpy99 said...

I, on the other hand, hate you. But that's probably just the jealousy talking.

Phollower said...

Or the scotch. It's often the scotch talking when you visit my blog.

limpy99 said...

It keeps saying "drink me Limpy. I want to be with my friends."

And so I do.

Party Girl said...

I'm doing my happy-naked dance right now for both of you!

Ah, to be a kept woman! That's the life...well, if I can just have the money and I can have the freedom, then I would be happy about being kept. Or at least if I could be kept naked.

limpy99 said...

Not exactly using our free time to post are we?

Sorry about the Sabres. Now put down the rope, climb off the chair, and get out a nice boardgame or three.

Phollower said...

Free time starts Thursday. Played some boardgames last night at a local game night. Got to play one of my new favorites Taj Mahal. And I even won! That was a great improvement over my 5th place finish in my first game.

That was out of 5, in case you were wondering.

And, yes, after the Sabres were done tears were shed, cats were kicked, and I moved on with my life. Poor Stewart. So it goes.