Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dinner conversation

As both of you know, I recently quit my job at Local Computer Store to be a full time house husband. As such, one of my main responsibilities is doing the cooking. This is good for two reasons. First, I like to cook. Second, unless the recipe's main ingredients are cheese and macaroni (not necessarily in that order) it's best if Sylvia leaves the preparation to someone more capable. Like my 6 year old niece, for example.
OK, I'm exaggerating a bit. But you know what I'm saying.
So I'm preparing dinner last night (Curried Shrimp with Mint, if you care) and I go into the other room to get something. When I come back Sylvia is standing at the cutting board mincing garlic. I just stand and stare at her until she finally looks up:

Sylvia: What? Can't I help?
Phollower: You don't see me going out and getting a job, do you?
Sylvia: Are you telling me I should just go in the other room and watch Reba?
Phollower: Yes. Yes I am.

And it was so. And the dish was served over white sticky rice and all was well.

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

And it was really good! I highly recommend the recipe.

limpy99 said...

No one, under any circumstances, should go in the other room and watch "Reba"

Zoe said...

Here,here. I'll secind that limpy. Actually we've been giving her grief for a while now about watching Reba.

Sylvia said...

It is surprisingly addicting, much like American Idol I imagine, ZOE.