Wednesday, April 11, 2007

And So It Begins

It's the time of year I've waited through 82 regular season games for. The NHL playoffs begin tonight. My beloved Buffalo Sabres finished the season with the best record in the NHL and home ice advantage throughout the playoffs. Their first round match-up against the NY Islanders starts tomorrow night.

Rarely are the Sabres one of the top teams after the regular season and I think this might be the first time they were THE best team. So I have high hopes for them. The Sabres have never won The Stanley Cup and with how good they've been this year I can assure you that tears will fall if they don't reign supreme. I will also invent several new vulgarities and at least one of our cats will pay the ultimate price for not helping sufficiently. I'm looking at you Stewart. Any excuse could end that little guy's breathing days.

Man I'm nervous.

5 comments:

Zoe said...

As Sabres fan of, um, however long it's been that you guys have lived here, I'm pretty anxious too.

limpy99 said...

You're nervous? Poor Stewart is probably shitting glass!!

Deathboy said...

Considering what that cat eats, glass may be the least of his problems.

With so much riding on it, I may have to put "hockey" in my TiVO WishList. On the other hand, "dogsledding" hasn't come up with anything yet, and neither has "curling."

Damn you northern types, getting me interested in your wacky winter sports just as global warming sets in...

Phollower said...

Our TiVo is always on the lookout for curling too. It's rare, but once in a while...

I know, Limpy, I know. Boardgames AND curling. I'm a wild man.

And Stewart shitting glass? Hmmm, I'd never considered that before but now that you mention it...

Anonymous said...

Deathboy - curling is on next week I think. Sometime soon - I saw it set to autorecord on our TiVo. We have the extra sports channels though to try to get more curling - sad isn't it? But if we can pay $12/mo for me to see Adrian Grenier (who is SMOKING hot), we can pay the same for the chance to see curling. You are welcome to come and watch it at our house when it does tape.