Monday, March 05, 2007

Cancer is Hilarious!

I have this friend back in Buffalo (let's call him Lawn-Boy) who has/had testicular cancer and needed to have a nut removed. In most civilized societies this would lead to sympathy and offers of support. With my friends it led to name calling and harassment. You know, names like One Nut, Freeball, and (my personal favorite) Uno.

As for the harassment, that's where both of my faithful readers come in. Why just laugh at the cancer victim when you can point and laugh? Somebody back in Buffalo came up with a cartoon character based on Lawn-Boy's missing testicle and named him Satchmo. Satchmo has a friend who is a chunk of a brain with a tumor whose name is Toby. I was sent this cartoon with the task of filling in the blanks:



Satchmo is on the left, Toby's on the right. You don't need to know Lawn-Boy to participate. Just make it obnoxious and offensive and you'll fit right in. So, whadda ya got for me?

By the way, Lawn-Boy is fine. Minus a nut, but fine. So you only need to feel bad about picking on a dude with cancer, not a dead dude with cancer. Although that probably wouldn't have stopped us either.

1 comment:

Phollower said...

Huh. I thought this was going to get some creative comments. My mistake.