Monday, February 05, 2007

Must learn better aim

At hockey last week I had a chance to tie the game up late in the final period. I had about half an open net to shoot at and I shot it wide. I get back to the bench all frustrated with myself and my loving wife (who is also on my team) says:

A. Nice try Honey.
B. Don't worry Sweetie, it's just a game.
C. You'll get the next one.
D. YOU GOTTA CRAM THAT SHIT IN THERE!

Ummm, yeah. I think you can guess this one.

In my defense (is that still "defence" in Canada or does that only apply to the position I play?) though I did tie the game up on my last shift of the game with a pretty good snap-shot from the top of the face-off circle. How's THAT for crammin' shit in there, bitch?

3 comments:

limpy99 said...

You should have dropped the gloves right there on the bench.

When I was in college we would play floor hockey at the outdoor rink when they drained it during the spring. One time I wound up for a slap shot from the point, brought my stick down, somehow got the blade stuck in a crack in the cement, and managed to send myself flying forward onto my chin.

Phollower said...

Nice work Mr Gretzky.

Party Girl said...

a girl after my own heart, she is.

PG