Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hockey's Back!

And so the season of my other obsession has begun. My beloved Buffalo Sabres started the year with a 3-2 shootout victory over the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes don't get a link because they can go fuck themselves. Sorry, we were 1 game away from making it to the Stanley Cup last year when Carolina knocked us out of the playoffs in game 7 and I'm still a little bitter. So, no link for them.

After the Sabres game The Spousal Unit and I started watching the late game, Dallas vs. Colorado. The two of them can also go fuck themselves. Dallas beat Buffalo in the Stanley Cup 6 years ago and Colorado used to be the Quebec Nordiques (who can go back in time to fuck themselves because they used to always beat Buffalo) and that's plenty of reason for me. We had the game on when we went to bed and had to turn it off because it was impossible to fall asleep with the sudden filling of our hockey desires. As Sylvia said, "It's like my eyes can't get enough hockey right now."

I am so with her. The NHL Center Ice package is like a gift from above. A $149 gift from above.

2 comments:

limpy99 said...

Personally, I have a hard time watching hockey in June. It just seems wrong.

While I still think the Sabres new uniforms are ugly as sin, I will grant you this: at least they're not wearing long pants like the Whalers once did. -shudder-

afuntanilla said...

check out fruit-on-the-bottom.blogspot.com

we went to THRASHER game last night!!