Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Fantasy

The Spousal Unit and I participate in a couple fantasy football and fantasy hockey leagues. Sylvia has had a pretty bad habit this year of picking running backs and then having them promptly get injured. So she's been joking about taking bribes for who's career she should end next since she's clearly a jinx.

Well, in the one fantasy hockey league we play in (and actually run) everybody picks one player from each of 12 different lists each week. So you'll choose one guy from the center #1 slot, one guy from the center #2 slot, etc. This week I chose Jason Blake as one of my players. About 4 hours after the deadline for picking players the news comes out that he was just diagnosed with Leukemia.

Take that bitch! Sure, you can hurt a few guys but I can give them cancer. Who da man?

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Are you sure it's you and not me, because I picked him this week too. Not only that, but lets take a look at my roster for our other fantasy hocky league shall we; Steve Sullivan on IR til mid-Dec, Forsberg on IR til at least January, Schneider on IR until mid-Oct, Wellwood on IR til mid-Oct?, Towes on IR til today aparently, Giguere on IR Oct?. Now granted, I knew that Giguere and Schneider were on IR when I picked them, but the rest were not.

Phollower said...

zoe: My bad. It's definitely you. Could you do me a favor and let me know who you choose in the pick-'em hockey league in future weeks before I make my picks? And if my name is on any of the lists please, please, for the love of god please don't pick me. I don't deal well with pain. Or cancer for that matter.

Sylvia said...

Shall we revisit the pleasant conversation occurring in our house this weekend (which some of you may have already heard)? After the RB who played for Addai in the Colts game hit 100+ yards and 1-2 TDs (can't recall)...

Phollower: I guess you can put anyone in a Colts jersey and have them do well.

Me: You know who you could not put into a Colts jersey and have them do well?

Phollower: Any of your guys?

I was thinking Peyton Manning, but point taken.