Friday, January 19, 2007

Queen of the Compliment

The backhanded kind, that is.

So The Spousal Unit and I are going to bed the other night (settle down Party Girl, settle down) and as we're laying there Sylvia is saying all sorts of sweet things to me. Things like, "You're so handsome" and "It's not that small", you know the kind of stuff I mean. So I'm all, "You're just saying that because you're married to me and you're horny" and she's like, "No, really. I mean it. And you should be more appreciative of my compliments." So I say "Thank you" and we move on. Of course I return the favor by telling her how beautiful I think she is and how lucky I am to have married her and she starts with the, "You're just saying that..." and I ask why it is that I should be more appreciative but not her. To which she kindly replies,

"Well, my lies are at least plausible."

And there you have life with Sylvia in a nutshell.

And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments: