Friday, December 01, 2006

I need a feather duster

Yeah, yeah. I know. I haven't posted in a loooong time. But in order to appease The Spousal Unit and Scott & Lynne, here you go.

I really haven't done anything blogworthy lately. We purchased a bunch of new boardgames and have played a few new ones as well, but I find that when I start blogging about games I tend to go on and on and when I go back to read my post I think, "Who the fuck wants to read that shit?" So I haven't bothered. I also find that, due to the "on and on" rambling, I haven't wanted to blog about games while at work because I just don't get anything done. Less than usual even. Which I suppose is an accomplishment in and of itself.

One big thing: Sylvia is currently in the tenure process at The University and has cleared the 2nd of the 3 hurdles toward getting tenure. What this means for me? She has cleared the 2nd of the 3 hurdles toward me quitting my job and becoming a stay-at-home husband, like I always dreamed of. I'm so proud of her. She's so smart and works so hard and she deserves everything she gets; including a husband as great as me. She probably deserves one greater than me but if anybody tells her about it I'll kill ya.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

First thing: thank you, you were one of the neglective bloggers I was referring to. You'll understand what I was going through when you're stuck at home all day.

Second thing: We want to read "that shit" about the games. In case you hadn't noticed, there are several gamers that read your blog. In fact, we wanted a suggestion about what game we should purchase next-we're looking for something that we have the option of playing with just 2 players.

Third thing: Go Sylvia! I bet Phollower will be a great stay-at- home husband. Or at very least he'll be better than this stay-at-home girlfriend as is apparent by my demand for more posts by my favorite bloggers so that I have stuff to do besides the housework and schoolwork that I should be doing.

Party Girl said...

YAH!!! that is so totally and completely absolutely superb!

I'm so happy for her and for you!

As for the rambles: I have no idea what you're talking about. You know, as someone who never rambles herself I am in utter darkness on this subject.

Zoe said...

Damn, I thought this post might be going somewhere else. You know, the feather duster and all.

Phollower said...

No Zoe, I'm not coming over to clean your house. Fill your Crock-Pot, yes; clean your house, no.

limpy99 said...

Fill her crock pot with what?

If the thrid step to tenure has anything to do with board games, you should just go ahead and quit your job now.

Good luck.

Zoe said...

Cleaning isn't the feather duster use of which I was thinking.

Elle said...

Tenure!?!? wooo ho hoho! Congratulations on everything thus far.

As far as you are concerned, Phollower, you better brush up on daytime television. Also, does this mean stay at home husbandry will yield more pets?

Phollower said...

LIMPY- "Filling her crock pot" is not a euphamism for anything. I made dinner for Zoe and Betty Please in our crock pot and mentioned how much I like using it. It's great to come home and have dinner already be ready already. Zoe and BP thought that would be great too and suggested I come to their place with a pre-prepared meal and put it in their crock pot so their dinner could be ready when they got home. I said I'd think about it. I'm still thinking. And expect to be for years to come.

ELLE- I don't like daytime television and there's no room for more pets. And if ZOE says "roof rack" I'm gonna kill her. Please don't refer to the gaining of more pets as husbandry; it makes me feel dirty, like putting a sheep's feet in boots.

Zoe said...

Now I am actually thinking Suburban w/ a roofrack. And the sheep in boots thing just cracked me up. I reminded me of our conversation about Maizy getting boots for humping Marison and I got a good visual going.