Thursday, September 21, 2006

Anybody else done this sort of thing?

Today I got an e-mail from an old girlfriend of mine from high school. Actually, I heard from her a couple months ago but today she wrote to inform me that our high school is putting together a website with a list of Alumni and contact information for them. She gave me the link to the site and I looked at it and, well, do I inform the people I graduated with of where I am, what I'm doing and how to reach me should they so desire? Do I just ignore it? As I wrote to her, the list of people I went to high school with who I'm interested in contacting is pretty short. I'm going to say roughly equal in length to the number of people I went to high school with who are interested in getting in touch with me. Then, if I put information up there, how much do I put? There's a line for everything from e-mail address to home address to location of various birthmarks, etc. Moving 9 hours from home has always provided a nice cushion of sorts. What are the odds that filling this out will put a big lump in my cushion? I dunno. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't do it! It's a trap!!

It really depends how willing you are to let that part of your past back into your life. My graduating class recently posted pictures of the 20th anniversary reunion (yeah, I know...20!). Same people hanging out in the same groups. Made me glad I didn't go.

On the plust side, submitting your info probably won't get you calls for donations like I'm sure you already get from college!

Phollower said...

I don't get any calls from college. Based on my performance there they probably decided I didn't do enough with my life to merit asking me for cash. Good call on their part.